The Nottingham Emmanuel School achieves an overall grade of ‘Excellent’ in SIAMS Church Inspection
We are very pleased to announce that The Nottingham Emmanuel School has achieved the highest possible overall grade of ‘Excellent’ in their SIAMS (Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools) Church Inspection that took place on Tuesday 10th May and Wednesday 11th May.
The highlights are listed below:
- The whole school community is passionately committed to a transformational Christian vision, built on clear biblical foundations. This vision enables all pupils to overcome barriers to learning and personal development, and to flourish.
- Pupils and staff are empowered by deep mutual respect and acceptance. Every individual is given both dignity and the freedom to express themselves.
- Inspiring collective worship, that fosters spiritual growth, is strongly led by a gifted chaplaincy team and supported by churches across the city.
- Deeply considered and tenacious pastoral care that is obviously shaped by the Christian vision enables all pupils to flourish.
- Pupils enjoy religious education (RE) and benefit from a balanced curriculum and good teaching by subject specialists.
- The excellent work of chaplaincy is at the heart of school life. Under the leadership of a compassionate and committed Christian youth worker, the chaplaincy team is essential in supporting the development of character and spiritual life.
- Prayer is deeply embedded and natural in school life.
- The study of RE makes a vital contribution to pupils’ understanding and respect for each other. Skillfully guided lessons stretch and challenge pupils to understand and articulate theological concepts and beliefs.
- The Diocese and the Archway Learning Trust are key partners. They facilitate the Christian vision effectively, through collaboration, networks and continuing professional development. As a result, they encourage and sustain governors and leaders in their work as Church school leaders. Through their commitment to transforming lives, this excellent school is a place where pupils and adults flourish.