Our Business Services provide the infrastructure and support that enable the Trust and our academies to run effectively, enabling schools to focus on delivering high quality teaching and learning.
Managing finance is one of the most complex and time consuming tasks for any academy, especially with the legal complexities and guidelines surrounding it. Our team of Finance professionals have a wealth of experience to provide high quality, solution focused support tailored to individual academies.
- Managing all aspects of your accounting for you, ensuring full legal and tax compliance.
- Financial support, advice and training to ensure that you are able to manage your budgets and resources.
- All statutory and DfE reporting requirements will be completed on your behalf including the annual statutory accounts, monthly VAT returns and numerous ESFA returns.
- A fully managed Payroll Service in conjunction with an external payroll provider and fully managed Pension Service in conjunction with pension schemes.
Our Human Resources service work with Academy Principals, Governing Bodies and Leaders to provide comprehensive and bespoke support to meet the needs of the Trust and our individual academies. We provide a responsive and flexible range of HR services to all academies within the Trust delivered by a dedicated HR business partner/regional HR Manager.
- Comprehensive up to date knowledge of education law, employment law and HR best practice.
- Written policies, guidance and toolkits specifically designed to meet the ever changing and complex challenges faced by academies
- Comprehensive support on all matter relating to employee relations
- Recruitment support and use of Trust-wide value for money advertising arrangements.
Strategic planning and effective management to create a highly agile, scalable and student focused operations experience. Playing a key role in supporting each school our operations service provides strategic estate management, capital projects, health & safety, IT, cleaning and catering services.
We will work with you providing procedural guidelines, advice and support to enable you to ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
The team leads and manages core estate maintenance function within the trust. We negotiate Trust wide contract for many building maintenance services in order to ensure best value. We will provide cover services as well as project management of any larger projects. The team also ensure relevant statutory, environmental, professional and technical standards are identified and maintained in relation to estate, land and property issues.
The service has oversight of all the catering service provided within the academies and is responsible for the Quality Assurance of the catering process and food produced. The team manage the catering staff in each Academy and deliver training to ensure compliance with food safety legislation and practice.
Managing Information Technology is one of the most complex and challenging aspects of running an academy. We understand the need to ensure that services run smoothly and IT ‘just works’.
We provide a full managed service to ensure that your academy-based IT technicians are adequately trained and supported. We also work with Academy Principals and key decision makers to simplify the inherently complex IT systems and develop our services to meet your exacting needs.
The corporate services fundamentally supports the strategy of Archway Learning Trust by providing a comprehensive, confidential and professional support service in all aspects of governance and compliance to the Trust and its academies.
The governance and compliance department provide the following services to academies within the Trust:
We understand that effective governance is a vital part of any Academy and we recognise the significant contribution that excellent local governance can make towards raising standards.
Our Governance service is designed to enable strong governance through:
- opportunities for Chairs of Local Boards to participate in the termly Trust Chairs’ Forum
- opportunities for Chairs of Local Boards and Headteachers/Principals and other senior leaders to attend the Trust’s annual leadership conference
- bespoke training sessions offered as required, per academic year. Content will be decided in conjunction with each academy
- new governor induction and on boarding
- access to the Governor Hub, online training modules through Learning Links and copies of training materials, and other useful documents
- opportunities for governors to access the National Governors’ Association
- an annual governance work plan, templates and resources to support meaningful meeting content
- provision of effective clerking supported by guidance, training and information on procedural matters and best practice.
Academies handle a huge amount of data and it can be challenging to dedicate the right amount of resources to ensure GDPR compliance with confidence. Archway Learning Trust provides a DPO and dedicated professional service supporting Academies in achieving outstanding data protection practices by providing sensible, robust and practical data protection procedures, resources, training and advice.
Accurate and reliable legal advice can be vital for academy leaders. Academies in Archway Learning Trust will be provided with legal services via a comprehensive Service Level Agreement with a national legal firm. Our current provider is Browne Jacobson. (www.brownejacobson.com/education)